Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Hurry up and slow down!

  I have a confession to make. Normally I'm extremely prolific, if I'm not working on painting, I'm thinking about one. Well, its summer, and there are distractions galore. I HAVE been thinking about my next painting, but the garden calls to me, weekends in the woods and on the lake with family and friends temp me. I THINK about my next painting, and think, and think.....
 I look around and get ideas, find inspiration, and make mental notes planning out how I will use these ideas. I may intend to get myself into the studio, only to notice the tomatoes need tying up, or that I need something important at the store that needs my immediate attention. After all, how can I possibly paint if we are out of coffee?
   I am dabbling a bit, when I teach, and when I go up North I work on some little doodles and paint in my sketch journal. Its teasing me, to dabble, and think.....
I'm ready for things to return to some semblance of a routine, and to immerse myself in my work. The more I have to do, the busier I get, the more I long for the days when I can be shut up in my studio, and pour my ideas onto a canvas. For the time being, I think I'll enjoy the rest of the summer, after all, the shorter days and cold nights are just around the corner. I'm going to keep getting distracted, sit in my gazebo with a cup of tea, or a glass of wine and watch fireflies.....the rest will be there.....and its so much fun thinking, and thinking, and once in a while, NOT thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment