Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Stepping out of my comfort zone.










 Trying to choose paintings for my portfolio.  Its a daunting task. Since I work in "studies", theres quite a variety to choose from. I suppose the last thing I complete is always my favorite, it makes sense that I want to include mostly recent work.
  Honestly, I'd rather just paint. All this packaging, presenting, and promotion is out of my comfort zone. However, if I'm interested at all in sharing my work with the rest of the world, I have to suck it up and get my shit together. Otherwise I'd have paintings piling up in my studio like a hoarder, and I wouldn't have room to make new work. So, if I really want to paint, I better make peace with the rest of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment