Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Eight visions wrap up, artist statement, and jurors comments.

Tuesday night I had the pleasure of participating and opening our exhibit for an eight person show at The Attleboro Arts Museum;
 http://attleboroartsmuseum.org/index.php/exhibitions-events-2/
I thought it would be nice to share my artist statement here;

 
" Using paintings as a method of processing observations, emotions, and experiences has always felt natural to me. This series focuses on Tenacity, and staying resilient in trying times.

Sparked by frustration, and discontent, I worked without restraint and purged it all into the work. Tempestuous was painted with a migraine, I have no memory of painting it, it was in fact, painted by that headache.
 
The subjects for this series are symbolic of what I was processing. The Sweet Gum pods depicted in Impact, and Remedy, were found in a favorite aunt’s yard after her memorial service.
The bur in Transfixed is representative of those things that hook into us, cling, are difficult to shake off, like illness, depression, and addiction.

If the work appears vibrant and hopeful, that’s because it is."

 The jurors (Adam Adelson, director of Adelson Galleries) comments were also shared with me, and I'd like to share them with you.



No comments:

Post a Comment